Social impact, health, and wellbeing activities popular amongst Nord Anglia students, edtech analysis shows
LONDON, Jan. 25, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- Leading International Schools Organisation Nord Anglia Education has published its latest edtech analysis today, with data from August to December 2022 showing that social impact, health and wellbeing activities accounted for more than half of all total online course views from students.
Global Campus is Nord Anglia's online learning platform where students can take part in courses and learning experiences with their peers across the globe. The opportunities available to them range from wellbeing activities to extreme weather challenges hosted by MIT, and more.
Over the five-month period, there were 316,000 learning sessions, as students chose from 218 co-curricular activities. The most popular course themes included the following:
- 30.92% of students opted for social impact courses, tackling topics such as activism and inequality, amongst others.
- 20.25% of students took courses that were health and wellbeing related.
- 20.04% participated in global projects and activities.
- 19.06% of students chose STEM-related courses.
- 9.73% chose creativity related courses or other activities.
The top three most popular courses on Global Campus were:
- MIT Challenge - 'Cellfie' Life: Led by Dr Yamashita, a Professor in Biology at MIT, students explored how bodies start out as one cell with one set of instructions and end up as trillions of cells, including hundreds of different specialised types of cells.
- World Children's Day Introduction: World Children's Day is UNICEF's annual day of action for children. Every year, on 20 November, this day is celebrated in support of children's rights, and encourages children and young people to raise their voices on the issues they care about.
- Writing Competition: Students were asked to write a bilingual short story to help others to learn a new language. These stories were then judged by Serena Patel, author of 'Anisha, Accidental Detective'.
Simon Kear, Assistant Director of Online Learning at Nord Anglia Education, said: "Global Campus is a cornerstone of Nord Anglia's digital learning strategy, helping to connect our student communities across the world through high-quality learning experiences. As our latest analysis shows, we're continuously creating and refining new content to inspire teamwork and collaboration."
About Nord Anglia Education
As a leading premium international schools organisation, we're shaping a generation of creative and resilient global citizens who graduate from our schools with everything they need for success, whatever they choose to be or do in life.
Our strong academic foundations combine world-class teaching and curricula with cutting-edge technology and facilities, creating learning experiences like no other. Inside and outside of the classroom, we inspire our students to achieve more than they ever thought possible.
No two children learn the same way, which is why our schools around the world personalise learning to what works best for every student. Inspired by our high-quality teachers, our students achieve outstanding academic results and go on to study at the world's top universities.
To learn more or apply for a place for your child, go to nordangliaeducation.com
+44 7787 135223
SOURCE Nord Anglia Education