Altova Announces New Features for Low-Code and No-Code App Development
BEVERLY, Mass., Jan. 25, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- Altova® (http://www.altova.com) announced the release of MobileTogether 8.1, its low-code app development platform for building enterprise solutions and native apps for iOS, Android, and Windows. The release also includes RecordsManager 2.0, a special, no-code solution for building database apps using the MobileTogether framework.
New features include:
- UI compatibility mode between clients – this time-saving option makes it easy to create apps with default elements that look similar on all device operating systems (instead of using the native look-and-feel of each OS)
- Deployment of very large server-side files – extended support for files 100 MB and larger makes MobileTogether well suited for building very large enterprise solutions
- Extended database support – to include support for the latest versions of popular relational databases
- Major updates for no-code database app development using RecordsManager 2.0 (see below)
- And many more
RecordsManager is a no-code solution for creating custom database apps in MobileTogether Designer using an intuitive, purely visual design interface. One of the biggest advantages of RecordsManager is that app creators don't need to build the database backend themselves. This saves an incredible amount of time and work and allows system administrators or developers of all skill levels to easily create effective apps.
New features include:
- Major scripting extensions – the visual scripting editor lets app administrators define sophisticated app behavior in response to user input
- New "User" field type – makes it possible to note which user created or modified a record, who is responsible for reviewing it, etc.
- Hierarchical user groups – make roles assignments easier for firms where users belong to multiple groups (e.g., office, department, management team, etc.)
- And many more
To view a complete detail about all the new features in this release, please visit the what's new page.
Altova® is a software company offering specialized tools for both developers and business users. The creator of XMLSpy®, MapForce® and other award-winning products, Altova is a key player in the software tools industry and the leader in XML and JSON solution development tools. The company offers a complete line of desktop developer software for XML, JSON, SQL, and UML; high-performance workflow automation server products; and a cross-platform mobile and enterprise app development platform. In addition, the Altova Cloud offers complete SaaS apps that make working with complex technologies easy for business users. With over 5.4 million users worldwide, including 91% of Fortune 500 organizations, Altova is honored to serve clients from one-person shops to the world's largest organizations. Altova is committed to delivering standards-based, platform-independent solutions that are powerful, affordable and easy-to-use. Founded in 1992, Altova is headquartered in Beverly, Massachusetts and Vienna, Austria.
Altova, MobileTogether, MissionKit, XMLSpy, MapForce, FlowForce, RaptorXML, StyleVision, UModel, DatabaseSpy, DiffDog, SchemaAgent, and Authentic are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Altova GmbH in the United States and other countries. The names of and references to other companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
EU: +43 (1) 545 5155 -0
Media relations contact:
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/altova-announces-new-features-for-low-code-and-no-code-app-development-301730602.html