An eye-opening experience: Women who mistook SUPERGLUE for eye drops share their agonizing recovery
Two women who accidentally sealed their eyes shut with superglue after mistaking the bottles for eye drops have shared their agonizing recoveries.
Jennifer Eversole, from Santa Rosa, picked up the bottle from her dresser, which she had put next to her drops after gluing on her daughter's nails, and only realized the mistake when she poured some into her left eye.
The mother-of-six was rushed to the hospital, where doctors eventually pried her eye open and cleared the superglue.
Revealing the mistake online, she said: 'Well, I've gone and done it. I have won the most idiot person award. I wasn't paying attention, and now my eye is glued shut.'
'I just feel so stupid.'
Last year, a 22-year-old woman named Lyd detailed a similar incident: she woke up in the middle of the night, reached for eye drops, and grabbed glue instead.
Ms Eversole revealed the accident on TikTok earlier this week in a video that reached 4.4 million views, saying that she realized something was wrong the moment she poured the glue into her left eye.