Strong wireless service revenue growth highlights Verizon's 4Q and 2022 results
- Full-year 2022 earnings per share (EPS) of $5.06, compared with $5.32 in 2021; adjusted EPS1, excluding special items, of $5.18, compared with 2021 adjusted EPS1 2 of $5.50.
- Total operating revenue of $136.8 billion in full-year 2022, up 2.4 percent year over year.
4Q 2022 highlights
- $1.56 in EPS, compared with $1.11 in fourth-quarter 2021; adjusted EPS1, excluding special items, of $1.19, compared with $1.33 in fourth-quarter 20212.
- Total operating revenue of $35.3 billion, an increase of 3.5 percent from fourth-quarter 2021.
- Net income of $6.7 billion, an increase of 41.4 percent from fourth-quarter 2021, and adjusted EBITDA1 of $11.7 billion, down 0.2 percent year over year.
- Total wireless service revenue5 of $18.8 billion, a 5.9 percent increase year over year.
- Postpaid phone net additions3 of 217,000, and retail postpaid net additions3 of 1,434,000, which was the best single quarter performance in seven years. Full-year 2022 retail postpaid net additions3 were 2,605,000, an increase of 23.2 percent from full-year 2021. This success was driven by strong fixed wireless momentum, tablet and wearables adoption and sequential improvement in phone net additions.
- Total retail postpaid churn3 of 1.14 percent, and retail postpaid phone churn3 of 0.89 percent.
Continue read on benzinga.com