Dow Edges Lower; Sientra Shares Spike Higher - BARK (NYSE:BARK), American Software (NASDAQ:AMSWA)
U.S. stocks traded pared some gains midway through trading, with Dow Jones turning lower on Friday.
The Dow traded down 0.07% to 33,810.44 while the NASDAQ rose 0.17% to 13,260.91. The S&P 500, also rose, gaining, 0.06% to 4,296.69.
Check This Out:
- Consumer discretionary shares jumped by 0.6% on Friday. Meanwhile, top gainers in the sector included Farfetch Limited FTCH, up 8%, and BARK, Inc. BARK, up 10%.
- In trading on Friday, materials shares fell by 1%.
Tesla, Inc. TSLA shares gained over 5% on Friday after Wedbush added the stock to its best ideas list and raised its price target from $215 to $300.
- Braze, Inc. BRZE shares shot up 22% to $41.40 after the company posted upbeat first-quarter results and issued strong forecast.
- Shares of Disc Medicine Opco Inc IRON got a boost, shooting 23% to $48.41 after the company announced data from its ongoing Phase 2 open-label BEACON trial evaluating bitopertin in patients with erythropoietic protoporphyria and X-linked protoporphyria at the EHA 2023 Congress.
- Sientra, Inc. SIEN shares were also up, gaining 64% to $2.85. Sientra announced FDA-clearance of next generation AlloX2 Pro Tissue Expander.
- Elevation Oncology, Inc. ELEV shares dropped 39% to $1.7250 after the company reported pricing of $50 million public offering.
- Shares of Planet Labs PBC PL were down 26% to $3.6395 after the company reported first-quarter results.
- American Software, Inc. AMSWA was down, falling 22% to $10.46. American Software reported better-than-expected earnings for its fourth quarter, while sales missed estimates. The company said it sees FY24 revenue of $120 million to $126.0 million.
Also Check This Out: